Why a blog for BAI?
For many years people have asked so many questions about birth, my life, my family, how I raised my children, so I thought it was about time for me to start answering them and to start participating more with potential students and parents in another avenue.
We have twitter, Facebook, email and now a blog. The blog will not just be about being a BAI professional, but about health, life, love and things that make me joyous.
So I am going to share some things about who I am as a person.
1. I love my family, more than anything, full stop. My sons are my greatest love in my life. I loved my husband at first sight. We met and became a couple when I was 15 years old.
2. I am still married, in love with my husband and we have been married for over 20 years.
3. Okay, something that is not always obvious, I love home décor. I have been told I have an incredible eye for offbeat classic. I also love a bargain. I often get things for less that 1/2 price off. I enjoy the hunt, I love bargain hunting, antiquing, and collecting artworks that I love. Maybe if I ever get brave enough I will post pictures. We are redoing a dutch colonial I found as a foreclosure in NC.
4. I love to travel. I have been to over 20 countries. I find people love sharing their culture as much as I like sharing mine.
5. I can read a 1200 page book in a day.
6. I can’t remember the last time I took a day off. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t even answer and email.
7. I unschool my two teens. Well not technically anymore I guess. My 16 year old is in college now, so my younger son is still unschooled. No matter what anyone said I believed in my children, I believed in my instinct. I trusted my sons. My sons are smart kids, but they know how to explore and find answers. They are people smart, confident, and we communicate with each other. I am so lucky to have these amazing kids.
8. I attended my first birth at 15 years old.
9. I breastfeed 2 boys for 6.5 years. My eldest for 2 years and my youngest for 4.5. I still believe this primal bond keeps us connected. We also co-slept and family bedded.
10. I love a good mystery. I can read and re-read Sherlock Holmes. I read all types of mysteries, forensic based ones, ones where the detectives are cats, quilters, bakers, etc.. As long as it hooks me, I am in.
Okay, so for me this was a major share:)